They give you the required amounts of all the nutrients you need during your treatment, and are easy to use.
Without them you’d have to consume huge quantities of food every ten minutes just to meet your needs.
Dietary Supplements can assist you in any type of treatment, whether cutting, dry mass gains, bulking, dieting, vitamin intake…There is a supplement for whatever you desire!
The two cases that interest us here, bulking and dry mass gains, are the same except for one additional product for bulking.
You will use whey, amino acids, BCAAs and creatine for both.
Whey promotes the growth of muscle tissue, is rich in proteins and amino acids and has high biological value.
It come from milk that has been curdled and strained during the cheese-making process.
It is certainly the most commonly used nutritional supplement during mass gains, due to its widely recognized effectiveness.
Creatine is a compound of three amino acids: arginine, glycine and methionine. It enhances muscle performance and allows for better recovery.
It has a particular affinity with water and helps your muscles grow faster.
BCAAs are 3 of the most well-known and beneficial amino acids in sports:
- Leucine: This is the most common of the 22 proteinogenic amino acids. Leucine is essential to our body and must be obtained through food.
- Isoleucine: is also an essential amino acid and must also be consumed through food.
- Valine: is an essential amino acid. It’s one of the 20 most common amino acids on earth.
In addition to promoting strength and muscle recovery, BCAAs inhibit the degradation of muscle proteins.
You will get enough amino acids in Whey, creatine and BCAAs. However it is good to mention their usefulness because they are the basic components of proteins and muscle.
Therefore they are indispensable for your muscle gains.
They oxidize during exercise, which provides an extra source of energy to your muscles and is very useful in your post-workout recovery.
When combined, these three amino acids play an anti-catabolic role.
For mass gains, add a powerful mass accelerator.
– Mass accelerators are made of proteins, amino acids and carbohydrates. They are invaluable for bigger, faster mass gains.
There are different kinds: Xtramass, TrueMass, etc.
If you are bulking, here is a good homemade high-calorie milkshake:
- 33 cl skim milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 large peeled banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of whey protein
Mix the milk and ice cream in a blender at maximum power until smooth. Reduce speed, then add the peanut butter, banana, honey and whey protein.
For dry mass gains add a powerful fat burner such as L-Carnitine.
L-Carnitine burns fat to produce energy. The maximum dosage is 2000mg/day; beyond this dosage you will encounter digestive problems. Additional cardio sessions in your workouts will speed up the fat burn process.
Now let’s talk about gainers, which are mixtures of proteins and carbohydrates. They are used for gaining weight through large calorie intake, can cause you to gain fat if you don’t pay attention to your diet.
Additional amino acids will be useless in this case because they are already present in your gainer.
“Gainers are composed of vitamins, iron and magnesium”
- In addition to its anti-stress properties, magnesium aids muscle relaxation and helps regulate heart rate and protein production.
- Iron helps build up myoglobin in the muscles and promotes vascularization.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant and prolongs the lifespan of red blood cells.